Further develop your skills and insights in safeguarding in this two day training course, exploring the challenges and complexities of child protection.
This two day training is designed to further develop the skills and insights of staff and carers. It explores the practicalities of supporting vulnerable children and young people where safeguarding is a constant concern, exploring the complexity of managing the safety of those most at risk.
By the end of the day, participants will:
- Be up to date with the latest Working Together guidance (2018)
- Have explored the challenges and complexities of working within the safeguarding and child protection arena
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of professionals and carers within a child protection process
- Have examined the unique contributions of different professionals within a multi-agency approach
- Have reflected on key messages drawn from serious case reviews and child death enquiries
More Headsight courses which might interest you…
Learn the basics of safeguarding, with the aim to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults – including their health, well-being and human rights.
Understanding Parental Substance Abuse
Arm yourself with the knowledge and skills to assess the risks of parental substance abuse – and act in the best interests of the impacted child.
Understanding Parental Mental Health
Explore the causes, symptoms and long term affects of parental mental health issues and strategies for working with parents and carers.
Did you know?
We also offer a wide range of therapeutic approaches, including many of the methods we teach in our courses.