Relationships are fundamental to human experience, and in this course you’ll learn about the common attachment styles and how they affect a person’s life.
As we develop, we develop relationships with those around us, particularly our primary caregiver. The style of relationship we build at this stage can become a blueprint for our relationships of the future, leading us to adopt one of four attachment styles.
This course will:
- Provide an understanding of why attachment is fundamental to our survival
- Explore the history of attachment theory
- Recognise the importance of a key attachment figure
- Consider attachment behaviours through the lens of connection
- Identify the four key attachment styles
- Reflect on the attachment history of someone you know
- Create a strategy to support the attachment style of a student/client or child in care
- Explore mental health issues common to attachment styles
More Headsight courses which might interest you…
Level 2 Award in Developing Therapeutic Skills
Explore the emotional and psychological development of children and young people and learn new approaches for those needing additional support.
Level 3 Certificate in Applied Therapeutic Skills
This four day course will help experienced carers and professionals deepen their understanding and skills for working with children and young people.
Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Practice
This course is for anyone working with children and young people who would like to furter increase their knowledge and develop their skills around working therapeutically.
Did you know?
Many of our therapists use DDP to inform their practice.