Trauma-Informed Safe Handling and De-Escalation Skills (SHADES™)
Safe Handling and De-escalation Skills (SHADES™) is explored in this two day training course, including distress management and physical safety skills.
This two day training is aimed at professionals and carers working with children and young people and who want to increase their knowledge and skills in managing challenging and high risk behaviours.
It incorporates a wide range of strategies in distress management and de-escalation skills. The training does teach a number of physical skills to ensure the safety but does not teach ‘restraint’ techniques.
By the end of this programme, participants will have:
- An understanding of the impact of early life trauma on development and behaviour
- A framework for addressing underlying motivations for behaviour
- An understanding of the importance of containment as a tool for managing distress
- An understanding of safeguarding and the law as it relates to managing challenging and high risk behaviours
- Developed and practised skills in de-escalation and conflict management
Developed physical skills to safely manage aggression, crisis and acute distress
More Headsight courses which might interest you…
Working with complex trauma
Complex trauma is caused within relationships, often in childhood and usually by one or more trusted caregivers. This course explores its impacts.
NVR is a model for practice which has been developed for aggressive, violent, controlling and self-destructive behaviour in children & young people.
Managing crisis and difficulty in children and young people
Deepen your understanding of the needs of vulnerable children and young people who are being looked after by a local authority or are in court proceedings.
Did you know?
We also offer a wide range of therapeutic approaches, including many of the methods we teach in our courses.